Friday 22 June 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES

I know I'm a bit late to the party but whatevs. The Hunger Games was faaaar out! I Jennifer Lawrence. Girl's got acting chops up the wazoo. She was pitch perfect in Winter's Bone too.. where incidentally, she also played a feisty, tough-as-nails but dirt-poor adolescent. Must be some sort of niche that only she and Hilary Swank seem to fill. Only throwaway moment was the flaming crimson wardrobe twirl, *eyeroll forever* but that can be overlooked since it was in the book. In a perfect world Hunter Parrish would've played Peeta. Had to get that out of my system! Otherwise, I enjoyed it so much that when the lights came up I was like 'Wut? It's over? I wants some more!'. Definitely don't think it'd disappoint fans of the books. Effie Trinket was a scream and a half, better than I'd imagined while flawless Stanley Tucci was flawless. Totally jonesing to read 'Catching Fire' again. Bring on the DVD! In keeping with my deep and abiding love for apropos gifs, here's some tomfoolery:

Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

     Photobucket    Untitled
Photobucket   Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment